Friday, June 01, 2007

The Man with the Thing in his Pants

Ever since moving to Atlanta more than ten years ago, I have wondered about the strange man who stands at the corner of Ponce and Briarcliff with the thing in his bike shorts.

Everyone who lives in, works in or travels through eastern intown Atlanta has seen this man and has the same question: "Is that thing real?"

I just found a video about him. This is not a mockumentary. He is really one of our best-known local characters.

There's no nudity in the videos (and thank goodness for that). In terms of dialogue, Part I is PG-13 and Part II has a few R-rated bits.

Mr. Understood: The Willy Terry Story Part 1


Mr. Understood: The Willy Terry Story Part 2

2 comments:

FosterAbba said...

I double-dog dare you to stop at his corner, talk to him, and ask if that thing is real!

LOL! Thanks for sharing.

Stilla Momma said...

lol my cousin lives on Braircliff. I gotta ask her about him.

I remember growing up and people not from ATL never knew how to say Ponce de Leon :)